Log in Subscribe

Securing tax benefits for child and dependent care

Posted 9/1/23

If you paid someone to care for your child, spouse or dependent (i.e., parent) this year, you may be able to claim the Child and Dependent Care Credit on your federal income-tax return. Below are some things the IRS wants you to know about claiming a credit for child-and-dependent-care expenses.

The care must have been provided so you, and your spouse if you are filing jointly, could work or look for work.

This item is available in full to subscribers.

Please log in to continue

Log in